Sunday, November 22, 2009

November Top 11

1. The Creatures - Believe In Yourself
An often overlooked italo gem. This is anthemic stuff.

2. Earlene Bentley - I'm Living My Own Life
I don't know why but I just love the chorus so much. "I'm living my own life, no one can change me, rearrange me." It's the words and the way she sings it.

3. Phyllis Hyman - Loving You, Losing You
This song builds slowly, until that HUGE chorus hit you in the head then there's no turning back.

4. THP Orchestra - Who Do You Love
A FUN and innocent unknown disco track. Nothing more, nothing less. But what fun it is.

5. Azari & III - Reckless with Your Love
Everyone's been loving this song. Have you?

6. Eddy Rosemond - Funk It
Sampled for Daniel Wang's "Like a Dream I Can't Stop Dreaming," this is the best song Sylvester never wrote.

7. Eddie Drennon - Let's Do the Latin Hustle
A perfect companion for Van McCoy's "The Hustle." Sweet instrumental disco.

8. Cyber People - Void Vision [Slow Version] (Jake Bullit Edit)
Wow, it's rare to hear an italo edit this good. This Jake guy made the original a gorgeous slow burner.

9. Vera - Take Me to the Bridge (Glenn Rivera Restructure Mix)
Melancholic disco to accompany your lonely nights.

10. Heartbreak - Akin to Dancing (The Horrors Remix)
It's all about the synth, man. WHHOOAAA.

11. The McCrarys - Love on a Summer Night
Some warm soul gem to soothe you over. So warm you can make a blanket out of it.

1 comment: