25. Eddy Rosemond - Funk It
The song that gave birth to Daniel Wang's "Like Some Dream."
24. Paper Doll - Get Down Boy
Get down?? It's the 70's and they're having a song about getting down? What nerves.
23. Northend - Tee's Happy
This is the kind of song that begs to be sampled.
22. The Richard Hewson Orchestra - What Shall We Do When The Disco's Over?
21. The Paul Simpson Connection - Treat Me
20. Norma Jean Wright - Sorcerer
SORCERAH! SORCERAH! Hear it and you'll know what I mean.
19. Mahogany - Ride On The Rhythm (Feat. Bernice Watkins)
18. Sticky Fingers - Taking A Chance On You
17. Siren - Open Up For Love
This song brings me an image of a sweaty dancefloor with men taking their tops off and dancing like crazy.
16. Unlimited Touch - I Hear Music In The Streets
FUNKY AS FUCK.
15. One Way feat. Al Hudson - I Am Under Your Spell
Thanks to QuirkIt for recommending this soulful number.
14. Gwen McCrae – Keep the Fire Burning
13. John Davis & The Monster Orchestra - Love Magic
I dare you to not singing along to the chorus.
12. Ellie Greenwich – You Don't Know
You'll find a hard time finding a more heartbreaking vocal performance than this.
11. Jupiter Black feat. Fred Ventura - Hold Me
This song screams "Yes I'm gay!"
10. Queen Samantha - Sweet San Francisco
9. Madleen Kane - Secret Love Affair
Inner Life - I'm Caught Up (In a One Night Love Affair)
Jimmy Ross - First True Love Affair
Carol Douglas - Midnight Love Affair
I'm cheating by putting four songs at once. But hey, love affair is often associated with cheating so I guess it fits. Kinda.
8. Michelle - Can't You Feel It
This song's got one of the best "baby, baby" calls in the history if music!
7. Donna Lynn – I'd Much Rather Be With the Girls
6. Beryl Marsden - When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes
It's hard to say that this is better than the Supremes original, but maybe..it really is..
5. T.H.P Orchestra - Who Do You Love
Fun and playful to the max.
4. Leonore O'Malley – First Be A Woman
3. Phyllis Hyman – Loving You, Losing You
After a slow buildup, than BOOM, the chorus nails you in the head.
2. Katy Gray – Hold Me Tight
This song triggers the question, "Is Sally Shapiro actually Katy Gray in disguise?"
1. Dionne – Images (Kevin's 12" Mix)
That Kevin is Kevin Saunderson, so yeah, you shouldn't doubt about the greatness of it.